Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pasting pictures isn't as easy as it used to be....

So, for my sequence photo project I was able to get different angled photos of my friend serving, and I also was able to get a good close up of her racket, a good perspective shot of the net, and some really great shots of her serving. I took a total of about 200 pictures and eventually narrowed it down to seven. I had to lay down on the ground to get this angle on her serve, but in the end I think the shot was worth feeling that hot pavement. I made sure to zoom in enough so that she was THE main focus of the photo, but I also wanted to make sure that she didn't overwhelm it too much either, and I think I achieved the proper balance that I wanted here. Some other things that I like about this photo are the clear blue sky behind her, which makes her stand out even more than if there were to be clouds. And I also like the fact that her racket and hand are just ever so slightly blurred to show that there is, in fact, a motion going on there.

The settings that I used on my camera for this photo were:









I also posted this picture of the net because I just happened to like the angle that I got on it. It really elongates the net to the fullest extent, and the court is just a background instead of the foreground as it usually is. When you look at a tennis court what is the first thing you notice? The actual court itself. So I thought that I would take a picture where the net is the main focus because, when it comes down to it, the net is a very important part of the game. And (fun fact coming up) in my experience coaching, when someone loses a point, 7 out of 10 times it is because they hit the ball into the net.








The settings that I used on my camera for this photo were:

I think that the hardest part now is going to be how to mount the photos so that they look good and make a statement. Really draw attention to itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment