Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Snapshot of Life...

This, I'm sorry to say, was my least favorite assignment because I had the hardest time with it. The idea of the assignment was to combine shutter speed and a good depth of field in our photograph. As you can see from both photographs, I didn't exactly do the best job of that.













This photo was taken at the park behind the Quarry at the baseball field. There were some kids playing baseball that I was trying to have the focus on, but instead (since I could not get any closer) the focus ended up being on the metal fence. What I was hoping to capture was a unfocused fence, with the focus on the baseball players throwing the ball back and forth. However, as you can see, that is not what I ended up actually capturing.
The settings I used on my camera to take this photograph were: The ISO was 1600, the aperture was set at f/5.7 and there was no flash.

This next photo was a sad attempt at trying to get a car in motion while giving the picture some depth of field.














What I do like about this picture is that even though the car is blurred, the trees in the background are not, emphasizing the stillness of the background against the foreground. I took this while I was in my car.
The settings I used on my camera for this photo were: The ISO was 1600, the aperture was set at f/36 and there was no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment