Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where's YOUR Focus?













What I liked about this photo was that I was able to put the focus in the center of the photo. The very foremost branches are blurry, as is the background, but the branches and leaves in the center are in sharp focus. I took this photo because I felt that it would be easiest to work with focus in nature. 
After taking the picture I adjusted the temperature and the brightness in the photograph to bring out the colors more, for I had taken this photo on a very dreary day.
The settings that I used on my camera for this photograph were: The ISO was 1600, the aperture was f/5.6 and there was no flash.














Originally, what I had wanted for this photograph was for the foreground on the picture to be blurry, and the tennis nets to be in focus. However, with the given lighting, this was almost not even an option. I sat there for almost 45 minutes playing with the settings on the camera trying to change the focus, the shutter speed, and even the aperture. This was the best picture that I got from that. What I do like about this photo though, was the lines that the nets and the tennis court lines created. But I do feel that this picture could be improved if I had moved the bench from it, so that the main focus was on the net and the lines instead of the bench.
The settings that I used on my camera for this photograph were: The ISO was 1600, the aperture was set at f/4.5, and there was no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment